Tuesday, May 22, 2018
In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your young will see visions.
Your elders will dream dreams.
Even upon my servants, men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
I will cause wonders to occur in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and a cloud of smoke.
The sun will be changed into darkness,
and the moon will be changed into blood,
before the great and spectacular day of the Lord comes.
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
 CSS Publishing Company, Inc., In Sure and Certain Hope, by O. Garfield Beckstrand, II
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
The truly happy person
doesn’t follow wicked advice,
doesn’t stand on the road of sinners,
and doesn’t sit with the disrespectful.
Instead of doing those things,
these persons love the Lord’s Instruction,
and they recite God’s Instruction day and night!
They are like a tree replanted by streams of water,
which bears fruit at just the right time
and whose leaves don’t fade.
Whatever they do succeeds.
That’s not true for the wicked!
They are like dust that the wind blows away.
And that’s why the wicked will have no standing in the court of
justice—neither will sinners
in the assembly of the righteous.
The Lord is intimately acquainted
with the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked is destroyed.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
· Your friend treats you with respect.
· Your friend tries not to hurt your feelings.
· You and a new friend get to know each other at a pace that is comfortable to you both.
· You like friends who make you laugh or lift your spirits.
· You appreciate friends who value you.
· You meet someone and instantly think you have a bond that makes this person a best friend.
· When you like people, you share your deepest darkest secrets and insecurities within a short time of meeting them.
· When you click with someone, you expect to see them right away again so you can start hanging out.
· When you need to vent, you expect your friend to listen no matter what.
· When you're lonely, you expect your friends to be there for you no matter what's going on in their lives.
 Friendship by George Hermanson
 ChristianGlobe Networks, Inc., ChristianGlobe Illustrations, by Johnny Dean
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
I’ve walked through the valley. I’ve seen the shadow
I’ve had my life ripped apart at the seams. Stolen from
me in an instant.
I’ve lived through the days when I could only take
one step at a time. One foot in front of the other. One
minute. One second. Without being able to think farther
I’ve walked through the valley. It’s an ugly place. It’s
dark and cold. The mountains are high on each side.
Tall and forbidding. Too high to climb.
The path is windy ahead. It curves where I can’t see.
Each day I make it a little farther. I sleep alone. I’m
But there’s a tiny flame inside my heart. A first it is the
tiniest flicker. From the first moment I can feel it. As
cold and scared and dark as it is I can feel the burn in
The flame brings peace. Comfort. Light.
The flame leads me. Shows me the way to the green
pastures of my home and the still waters of my family.
The flame anoints me with the warmth of love.
I cling to the flame. I seek it. Tend it. And it grows.
It can’t carry me out of the valley. That job is mine. But
it lights my path. Guides my feet. Stays with me. Protects
me from my fears. And day by day, step by step,
it leads me.
Outside of the valley there is a life waiting for me. A
life overflowing with goodness. A life full of mercy and
love. It’s my job to take the steps. But I’ll never be alone.
 By Kristin, Cooper King, Seasons of the Spirit, 2018
 p. 66 chapter 7.