· Your friend treats you with respect.
· Your friend tries not to hurt your feelings.
· You and a new friend get to know each other at a pace that is comfortable to you both.
· You like friends who make you laugh or lift your spirits.
· You appreciate friends who value you.
· You meet someone and instantly think you have a bond that makes this person a best friend.
· When you like people, you share your deepest darkest secrets and insecurities within a short time of meeting them.
· When you click with someone, you expect to see them right away again so you can start hanging out.
· When you need to vent, you expect your friend to listen no matter what.
· When you're lonely, you expect your friends to be there for you no matter what's going on in their lives.
 Friendship by George Hermanson
 ChristianGlobe Networks, Inc., ChristianGlobe Illustrations, by Johnny Dean